This Moroccan inspired salad dressing is great and goes with almost any salad. It immediately gives it a great full taste. I came up with this salad after watching the Food Network’s Diners Drive-Inns and Dives show. Normally they show very greasy unhealthy comfort foods and I just watch it for inspiration as a lot of these restaurants they show make their own spice rubs, sauces, dressings etc. Then I saw that this oriental restaurant uses this mixture as a rub for their meat. They explained that it is a traditional Moroccan spice mix used for any meat dish.
In my mind I thought: This would make a great salad dressing. And it did! My sister and father loved it too.
So here is the recipe to spice up your salads:
Mix in a bowl the following ingredients:
– extra virgin olive oil (enough to dress the amount of salad you have and cover the parsley and cilantro)
– juice of ½ lemon or 1 lemon according to taste
– 2 – 3 tablespoons of chopped up parsley
– 2 – 3 tablespoons of chopped up cilantro
– himalayan salt according to taste
– ½ teaspoon chili flakes
– ½ teaspoon cumin powder
– pinch of black pepper
Let it sit for 1 – 2 hours in the fridge
Tip: oven roast some eggplant and bell peppers for the salad. Or toss some pomegranate through your salad which complements great with this dressing.